When a financial catastrophe hits and you have drained your savings and have a financial emergency one option is to look to get a car title loan in California. Whether you live in Sacramento, San Diego, Los Angeles, the Inland Empire, or the Bay area like Oakland or San Francisco Family Title Loans can help you get money quickly. Let’s discover what goes into getting a car title loan in California and how you can get money quickly if you are in need.
Watch this video and then continue to read more below to discover more!
Auto title loans near me in California
In these difficult financial times no matter how much you save, plan, and prepare a financial emergency can deplete you and find you in need of a quick emergency loan in California. To get a vehicle title loan you need to meet certain criteria for you to get the loan. What is the most important fact in getting the money? It is the equity in your vehicle that will largely will determine how much money you can get on an auto title loan or if you will qualify for a title loan.
A title loan is a secured loan and you will put up the equity in your vehicle to be used as collateral. A secured loan is generally cheaper and easier to get than an unsecured loan because the lender has less risk in lending the money to you. Generally, a secured loan will also be cheaper or have a lower interest rate than an unsecured loan, but of course each situation is different and unique.
Get title loans near me in California:
So, let’s begin with the essential things:
- Vehicle equity – how much do you have? In California the lowest loan amount you can get in most cases is $2,510 and this is a regulation set by California.
- The lenders for a vehicle collateral loan will generally loan you 60-80% of the used re-sale market value of the vehicle. So, just because your vehicle can be re-sold for $10,000 doesn’t mean you will get a $10,000 loan. The lender will not loan you the full amount because as time passes your vehicle will go down in value. The lender is also in business to make money–they are not a charity–so they want to leave some “wiggle” room in case the worst case scenario happens.
- You will need to prove that you have a steady income of at least $1,200 a month.
- The mileage of the car is very important for you to have or be able to get. Lenders will take the time to verify the mileage on the vehicle you want to get a loan on.
- Do you have a possession of the title? If you have a current loan on your vehicle in some cases you can get a car title loan, but understand that you will need to re-finance your existing loan into your car title loan.
- Lenders will generally check your credit score, but your credit score does not play a huge impact on your ability to get a loan. It is just a small part of the situation.
- References – job history – personal references – these are essential and important
- Insurance on your vehicle, and not just liability insurance but full coverage insurance will help you when getting a car title loan near me in California.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Just call us TOLL FREE at (844) 254-7170 and we’re hear to help you get the information and answers you need. Family Title Loans is here to help.